Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New configurations feature missing

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
JPB515
468 Views, 11 Replies

New configurations feature missing

Hi,

I updated Fusion this morning and was hoping to play around with the new configurations feature but don't have the new buttons on my toolbar. Do I need to enable the feature or is there another update coming? I have an education license.

Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
seth.madore
in reply to: JPB515

There is going to be a staggered rollout over the next few weeks to all users. This was done intentionally for stability reasons. Give it some time, you'll see it soon enough 🙂

From the "What's New":

If you don’t immediately see Configurations in your toolbar, no need to worry. We will be releasing Configurations slowly over the course of the next month, so if you do not see it today you should be able to use the functionality very shortly. By adopting a staggered approach, we aim to seamlessly integrate this powerful feature into the Fusion 360 ecosystem.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 12
karina.harper

Adding to Seth's answer, you'll also want to make sure that you have a subscription (non-personal license) and are using a Team Hub. See this article for more info. (note - article is still publishing. It will probably populate in a few hours).

Cheers,

Karina

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 4 of 12
ICanSpinIt
in reply to: seth.madore

Is the rollout complete? I still do not see it and its almost November.

Message 5 of 12
jhackney1972
in reply to: ICanSpinIt

You must have a subscription or educational license for Fusion 360 and you must be using a Team account.  Do you meet these requirements?

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 6 of 12
ICanSpinIt
in reply to: jhackney1972

Yes to subscription and I am a single user. Its just me, myself and I. Is it extra to have a team account?

Message 7 of 12
jhackney1972

You cannot acquire Configurations if you are still using a Personal Hub for cloud storage, you must be using a Team Hub.  It does not matter if you use Fusion 360 just yourself.  Here is the article I cut the screen capture from. 

Edit: There is no cost to create a Team Hub.

When you do create a Team Hub, you will want to read this webpage to find out how to move your files from your Personal Hub to your Team Hub.  There are so many advantages to having a Team Hub.

Configuration Requirements.jpg

Team Hub.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 8 of 12
jhackney1972

If my Forum post solved your question, please select the "Accept Solution" icon to do three things. First it allows others to find a solution to a similar question, two, it closes the Forum post and last, it acknowledges that you accept the solution given. If you need further help, please ask. If you like to read why "Accept Solutions are important, take a look at this webpage.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 9 of 12
ICanSpinIt
in reply to: jhackney1972

I am not the creator of this post, sorry I cant "accept solution"
Message 10 of 12
nocturnalwelding

Hi, I have subscription and was able to find it on a old team collaboration that I did with a customer, No idea how i made that years ago.  When I click on create or join team it tells me.

" we couldn't find any teams that you may like to join based on your email address. IF you know the name of a team you'd like to join, contact its administrator for an invitation"  

I'm just trying to make a team so I can check out the new configurations feature, Also this information would be nice incase I need to collab with a customer again. Thank you

Message 11 of 12

Hi,

Please create a new thread, then the theme will be better recognized.
But I think that there is currently a problem.
Look here.

günther

Message 12 of 12

ok thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report