Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New component sketched on another

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
171 Views, 2 Replies

New component sketched on another

Sorry if this is a common question but don't know where to start searching this.

My problem.

I sketch on the face of a component (say a stepper motor) and create a new component ( a mount ). Then I decide to remove the joint to move the stepper and mount. My new mount throws a wabbley and doesn't resemble the component I drew. What am I doing wrong. I'm making good progress then hit a wall like this. Frustrating 🤨.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
g-andresen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

please share the file.

File > export > save as f3d on local device > attach to next post

günther

Message 3 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

and a screencast/video of what you are doing.  One thing I see from your description that is not recommended is: "I sketch on the face of a component (say a stepper motor) and create a new component ( a mount )".  That is likely in the wrong order.  If you make the sketch first, and the component second, the component will not contain the sketch, so when the component moves, the sketch will not.  Create the component, then sketch on a face of the other component.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report