Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystifying F360 Rendering Glitch

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tattooedbear5801
175 Views, 3 Replies

Mystifying F360 Rendering Glitch

I am getting a "random" chunk of geometry appearing in the final exported rendering that doesn't appear until the model is rendered. I have examined every piece of this file from source file in Adobe Illustrator, to imported dxf sketch, to extrusion, to settings, and I see nothing out of the ordinary - in fact, I followed exactly the same process as I have with several hundred other designs. I've included screen shots for reference. Any thoughts? Assembled In Rendering EnvironmentAssembled In Rendering EnvironmentRenderedRenderedExtruded SketchExtruded SketchSketch Selected for ExtrusionSketch Selected for Extrusion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

looks like a faceting issue.  Can you share your model here?  One thing to try, change the Display Detail Control, set it to "Fixed", and try one of the 3 choices there.

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 10.53.00 AM 1.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-13 at 10.53.13 AM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 4

Thank you! That corrected the glitch. So I am guessing that the rendering engine reads the geometry in a different way than the working renderer. Those probably aren't the correct terms. What does changing the display detail control setting change in regards to how the software reads the geometry in relation to the rendering output? 

Message 4 of 4

It's not so much "reading the geometry in a different way" as it is that, likely, the renderer and the in-scene graphics are using different settings for the equivalent of the "display detail control" to set different parameters on the facets produced.  My guess is the renderer uses a much more dense mesh ("high" on the detail control, or higher).

We are interested in recording examples of this, so we can fix them.  If you would be willing to share the model with me, even privately, I'd like to make sure we add it to the test suite for any fixes.  If you are not comfortable sharing it here, you can email it to me at jeff.strater@autodesk.com, or if it is too big to attach to an email, you can put it on some file-sharing service like Dropbox, etc.  Thanks!

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report