Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Sub Spindle Grab operations - Post Issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
thomas.fiermans
330 Views, 3 Replies

Multiple Sub Spindle Grab operations - Post Issue

Hi,

I want to turn 3 part of the same base model but with small variations in contour. Each part needs a setup on the main and sub spindle of my machine. I created 6 setups (3 main & 3 Sub spindle)

Each main spindle setup has a Sub Spindle grab operation.

I have 2 issues with these:

1 )in the second and third setup I get a warning:

"Warning: This operation could be invalid in this position. Ensure this is a turning setup, and that the secondary spindle is not clamped"
As everything is the same like the first part I see no reason for this warning. So I posted it as is.

2) When posting (For a Haas DS30-Y NGC), the first sub spindle grab goes perfectly. But the second Sub Spindle grab operation does not post code "G199 R0. (SPINDLE SYNCHRONIZATION ON)." but only "R0. (SPINDLE SYNCHRONIZATION ON)".

So without spindle sync ON I friction welded my part to my Sub Spindle.

Is this a post bug?

Is it linked with the warning?

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Could you share your Fusion file(s)?

File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

And yep, that sucks, I've lost more than a couple collets getting caught out like that 😞

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4

Here is my file @seth.madore 

I also noticed then whey I post 1 Sub Spindle grab(of any of the 3) it post correctly with G199 but if 2 are selected only one operation is posted correctly.

Message 4 of 4

I have found the solution.

After a Sub Spindle Grab a Sub Spindle return feature is needed. If this is added the next Sub Spindle Grab Operation does not give the warning and it post correctly with G199 in both Operations.

I created a Pass Trough operation for returning home to another WCS point for working with the Sub Spindle so a default return home to G53 was unneeded.  I added the Sub Spindle Return after working and finishing my part so it will go Home to G53 and start working on the next part after this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report