Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move manipulator now not responding correctly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alanandsue
128 Views, 3 Replies

Move manipulator now not responding correctly

In the design work space using the move/copy command on a component displays the move manipulator as well as the dialog box. In the past, picking a specific directional handle on the manipulator moves the component in the direction chosen, Currently this is now not responding in the manner expected, typically when selecting a rotation handle and expecting the component move rotationally it moves in an unexpected way, say along the x axis. Has there there been a change in the functionality that I am unaware of.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
davebYYPCU
in reply to: alanandsue

Yes the recent change is to Ground / Pin or Anchor components on creation, 

previously they were free to move until prevented.  Cancelling the new default is available under Preferences.

Might help....

Message 3 of 4
alanandsue
in reply to: alanandsue

The only preference I could find was in Design/Assemblies/First component grounded to parent... this was checked, so I unchecked it. Upon restarting Fusion the problem appeared to go away, manipulators were working as expected. Unfortunately when I, as a test, grounded to parent the example box model, the problem came back, so I again restarted Fusion with a new box primitive with the preference still unchecked the problem still persisted. It all seems a bit flakey.

I think you are right regarding the Ground to Parent aspect as I have only encountered this problem since this upgrade was issued.

Message 4 of 4
alanandsue
in reply to: davebYYPCU

The only preference I could find was in Design/Assemblies/First component grounded to parent... this was checked, so I unchecked it. Upon restarting Fusion the problem appeared to go away, manipulators were working as expected. Unfortunately when I, as a test, grounded to parent the example box model, the problem came back, so I again restarted Fusion with a new box primitive with the preference still unchecked the problem still persisted. It all seems a bit flakey.

I think you are right regarding the Ground to Parent aspect as I have only encountered this problem since this upgrade was issued.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report