Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move fails with no error

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
petermat
369 Views, 9 Replies

Move fails with no error

I type M, & the move window apears. I select "component" & click on desired component which 'blues out'. I type in a distance , the arrows move and OK button lights up, but the component does not move. I click ok - nothing has changed.. No error message. The component is not grounded & is listed as a seperate item in the browser. What am I missing and why don't I get some message saying why I cant do what I have 'commande'?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jhackney1972
in reply to: petermat

You will need to attach your model so the forum users can troubleshoot your issue. 

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
petermat
in reply to: jhackney1972

How?
Message 4 of 10
jhackney1972

If you do not know how to attach your model, open it in Fusion360, select the File menu and then choose Export and save the .F3D file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section of a reply forum post to attach it.

Attachment.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
petermat

BTW I have also tried breaking the link - made no differenc. This problem not restricted to this one occurance - I get it commonly. Component involcved here is the spraybar.

Message 6 of 10
jhackney1972

This a rather large "Linked" assembly which if I open it, it will really create quite a large cloud presence.  If you would break all the external links and export it as a F3D file, it would really help things.  You or course do not have to save the new file on your end so you can maintain your links.  If this is not possible, I will try and open it and manage the mess.

John Hackney, Retired

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
petermat

Try this  - same problem

Message 8 of 10
jhackney1972

You have a number of warnings and some full errors in your timeline of this assembly.  One of the errors involves a Move command in the second group, red in color.  In my Screencast I deleted the Move error and all works again with the Move command.  You can right click on the Move error and suppress it instead of deleting it if you desire.

You are using way to many Move operations in this assembly.  Components should be place using Joints.  You can also simply drag components around if they are not jointed.  Also the Align command can be used to create temporary location moves that will not give you so much trouble.  Thanks for creating the F3D file, it saves a lot of effort on my part.

John Hackney, Retired

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
petermat

PS - and there are no red icons in my timeline. Did you do something to make them red?

Message 10 of 10
petermat

John,

I can now move what I want. But I did not do anything and I don't understand what you did so it's fortunate I believe in magic! Anyway thanks for you response. Next time this happens I will lookk for red items!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report