Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing design and Frozen software.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
239 Views, 7 Replies

Missing design and Frozen software.

I use the Fusion 360 for personal use only.
I am a student, and I used it for my project. I worked on the smart chair design for nothing less than 4 days, and when I was done with the design, I could no longer find it. The software freezes whenever I try to open my design. It has been 2 days since Fusion sent me the document, but it has nothing in it. It's completely empty.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
HughesTooling
in reply to: 20204245

The problem is this component is moved a long way from the main assembly. If you hide component14 and do a Compute All (Ctrl + B) F6 will zoom to the rest of the assembly. You'll need to figure out when you went wrong in the timeline and delete the Move or Align that caused the problem.

Clipboard01.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
HughesTooling

Just some general advice, looking at your design you are using very poor technique. You should not need to use Move, if you are you're probably doing some this wrong. All the moves and aligns in your design should not be needed, design parts in place. Remove also point towards bad technique as well.

I suggest you read Rule #1 for assemblies like this where you create components for each part, not create components from bodies like you have. Are reading the Rule #1 thread start again and come to the design form and ask questions at each stage. You've gone so far down the wrong path with this now there's no way to fix it.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
HughesTooling

Looking a bit more at your design and I don't think you've grasped the timeline at all. You can right click sketches (and other features) and edit them. In the image below you have 2 empty sketches you could just delete. You actually only need one sketch and one extrude at this point. Don't know what you're trying to do with all the moves, just create the part where you need it. There's a hole you create in the bottom face you delete later in the timeline, you should have just deleted the original hole feature from the timeline not delete it from the model. Designing with a solid modeling program like Fusion means you can go back in time and edit or remove features, not like real life where you have to glue a bit back on!

Clipboard01.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thank you for your feedback 
I forgot to mention that this is my first time using this software.

When I open the file on my computer, I can't even see any of the corrections you are giving me 
I will try another one to see if the problem persists

Message 6 of 8
HughesTooling

You need to hide this component.

HughesTooling_0-1714983638765.png

Then run Compute All (Ctrl+B) then zoom to fit (F6).

HughesTooling_1-1714983754790.png

Component4 has been moved a long way away from the other parts (about 9km). I tried to delete the move that's causing the problem but it totally messes up the design when I do that (a good example of why you should not use move or Align in Fusion). Best advice is start again and come back to the design forum often and ask questions before you go too far.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

I will start the design again I hope you will still be here to help me out
thank you for your feedback so far

Message 8 of 8
in reply to: HughesTooling

Screenshot 2024-05-13 103445.png

Screenshot 2024-05-13 103504.png

this is wher I am at in my redesign I want to start cutting and adding extra components to the chair

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report