Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh to Brep Missing

45 REPLIES 45
SOLVED
Message 1 of 46
garrett_carroll65
75546 Views, 45 Replies

Mesh to Brep Missing

I can not seem to find where the Mesh to BRep option was moved to. It is not available in the search function, I have the design history turned off and am in the mesh work space.  I am on version 2.0.3802 and using Win 10 Pro.

This is a feature I have used in the past and I did find a video on youtube that was uploaded today show how to do it but they were using mac.

Anyone have an idea as to what is happening here?

45 REPLIES 45
Message 21 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: garrett_carroll65

I recently had fusion crash multiple times while editing files that where converted from STL to Brep. Now I can not find the option to convert STL to Brep. Design history capturing is off as well.

Message 22 of 46
g-andresen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, 

changed

convert.png

günther

Message 23 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

But Why? This just made it more of a pain having to navigate through the menus

Message 24 of 46
Anonymous

Thank you so much!

Message 25 of 46
Anonymous

Hello everyone! I have been studying this problem all morning, but have not yet found a solution ... Last night I did a similar procedure for converting stl to brep, and everything worked! In the morning, when I started the program and opened the same stl file, the operation is lost ... I also noticed that a cover automatically appears on top of the imported model, and the color of the model also changed ... Capture design history is disabled, and there is no mesh menu in the modification menubrep1.jpgbrep2.jpgbrep3.jpg

Message 26 of 46
g-andresen

Hi,

@Anonymous  schrieb:

.. and there is no mesh menu in the modification menu

Right!

Just have a look at the top registers and select MESH

Günther

Message 27 of 46
hmaxey

I used to use the Mesh to Brep to convert 3d DXF files to a solid body, I've done hundreds of files with it. Now I found the "convert" option, but none of the option will work with the files. I even went back to some of the older ones I converted with Mesh to Brep to try them. Only one option will allow me to select my mesh, and now it fails every time to convert. I need to take the dxf files, keep their shape and make them a solid body for exporting. Anyone have any ideas?

Message 28 of 46
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymous wrote:

I also noticed that a cover automatically appears on top of the imported model, and the color of the model also changed 

Expand the Bodies folder in the browser.

What do you observe?

Message 29 of 46
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: hmaxey

@hmaxey 

This seems like a completely different issue.

I was not able to get any geometry from your dxf into Fusion?

Were you, if yes, can you Attach your *.f3d file here.

I opened it in a different software and saved as stp.

I can open the stp.

(See Attached file.)

TheCADWhisperer_0-1625839085259.png

I recommend that you start a new thread topic on this issue.

Message 30 of 46
hmaxey
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

You have to upload it and not use the insert DXF function. Inserting as a dxf is going to leave it with no data.  My typical process was like this:

upload 3d dxf

find the bodies I needed in the tree

select all of them and right click> mesh to Brep

click OK all selected bodies would then be solids and not meshes anymore.

then save or export whichever I needed.

Message 31 of 46
Phil.E
in reply to: hmaxey

Thanks for posting this issue. As you may have noticed Fusion now has a parametric mesh workspace. This is not a common workflow (DXF mesh files) and may have been missed in our testing. I've logged a bug for the mesh team developers to look at using your file. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

(ref: FUS-87311)

Just closing the loop on this post. 

In the July 2021 Fusion update Mesh was introduced as a parametric workspace. Here is a bunch of information about it.

What's New July 2021

Mesh Help page

Mesh modeling workflow videos

Converting Mesh to Solid knowledge article

Inserting Mesh knowledge article

360 Live Deep Dive video

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: Phil.E

Am new to Fusion 360, Spent four hours trying to convert Mesh to Brep. in personal edition

Watched videos, they seem to work but no dam way can i find mesh to brep menu item.

Have followed this thread and no way can i convert , Mesh to Brep.

So have given up and de-installed this crapware.

Would rather a dog vomited in my ear than ever see this on my desktop again!

Anyone that pays monies for this stuff must be FIVE STAR STUPID.

Get Alibre Design, Oh so easy and MeshCam, Oh so easy.

Final words Autodesk get someone else than Boeing to do your software testing! 

Message 33 of 46
Anonymous

I have turned off "Do Not Capture History". I still cannot see the option to turn mesh into a BREP. I cannot find it anywhere.

Message 34 of 46

It is in the Mesh tool tab, under the Modify menu, the command is called "Convert Mesh"

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 7.29.32 AM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 35 of 46
Anonymous

Hi. So. I have this issue as well. I used to use this all the time by RC and turn off design history. Then selecting the mesh, RC convert mesh to Brep. But this is no longer available and I have a PAID YEARLY subscription. So I do NOT have the free version.

So if you have the same as me - I found a way to do it. This may not be the right way but its how I got it to work.

First I saved the project. Then I RC on the very top component and select 'do not capture design history'.

Next I went to the very top (above all the icons) and selected the MESH workspace. Then went to Modify / convert mesh / I selected my mesh and selectred the method / ok. Then up top I went back into the design workspace and RC the top component again and select 'capture design history'. PAINFUL !

Message 36 of 46
Phil.E

It is in the Mesh tool tab, under the Modify menu, the command is called "Convert Mesh"

PhilE_0-1628712119043.png

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 37 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: Phil.E

Convert Mesh does not show up on my Mesh>Modify menu.  I have the personal license and all that shows up is Convert and there is no selection for Mesh to BREP?  History is turned off and I followed the videos on how to convert the mesh, but nope, doesn't show up.

Message 38 of 46
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymous wrote:

Convert Mesh does not show up on my Mesh>Modify menu. 

No screen capture image shown?

No Fusion *.f3d file Attached?

Old discussion thread.

Message 39 of 46
g-andresen

Hi,

try this

convert.gif

günther

Message 40 of 46
Anonymous

Thank you for responding, but that screen isn't what I see.  I have attached screenshots and the file I am working with.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report