Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh problems

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
HDGamer2424
683 Views, 3 Replies

Mesh problems

Firstoff, i'm fairly new to Fusion 360. 🙂

I wanted to edit a .stl file, and imported it to Fusion, then converted the mesh into b-rep and now i have thousands of triangles like shown in the picture. Is there a way to clean up the model, and make those pins on the side round again? 

Or is there a better way of importing the .stl file into Fusion?

I really don't want to clean up the Model by hand because that would take ages, and i have a few Models to edit.. :SMesh cleanup.PNG

Would be great if somebody could help. 

Julian

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HDGamer2424
in reply to: HDGamer2424

Whoa! Not so many answers at once please! 

Message 3 of 4
HughesTooling
in reply to: HDGamer2424

You're not getting much interest because Fusion is not that suited to working with meshes. You can reverse engineer the part but there's nothing automatic. The analogy I thought was quite good is NURBs to mesh is like making scrambled eggs, anyone can do it, going from a mesh to NURBs is like making an egg from scrambled eggs!

You say you have a few models to edit, well probably better to use a program that works with meshes.

There is a preview with the ability to extract mesh sections, see help here. If you've converted the mesh to a Brep before enabling the timeline switch to the patch workspace and select merge faces with chain selection on should merge all coplanar faces but you'll need to recreate all curved surfaces.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
HDGamer2424
in reply to: HughesTooling

Hey Mark, 

thanks for your reply! 

That sounds like it's difficult 😄 

Yeah, i would like to edit some tolerances like these cylinders you see in my first post. A little too small, but because of the thousands of triangles my pc laggs like crazy. 

I already reverse engineered that part, thanks for your answer though! May come in handy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report