Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make cut lines from image and space boards equally

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
cvbsDTXM7
341 Views, 10 Replies

make cut lines from image and space boards equally

Hello again,

I am trying to do 2 things here. In the file attached is there a way to "project" the octagon image onto the boards and make cut lines at the inner width of the octagon.  I also wold like to know if I can equally space these boards across the width of the inside dimension of the octagon.

Thanks in advance for the assistance

cvbs

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
davebYYPCU
in reply to: cvbsDTXM7

Yes, for the equal spacing, 

then you don't need the project sketching stuff.

Will review the file, bit later.

Message 3 of 11
cvbsDTXM7

Thank you ... will be looking forward to your answer.

Message 4 of 11
davebYYPCU

What I would do is make components from here if needed.

mbftc.PNG

Might help.....

Message 5 of 11
jhackney1972

I approached it from the model you supplied and used two sketch patterns across the table center to create Joint Rigid between them and the end of the boards.  Last I used the table inside to Split Body of each component and then Removed the excess bodies.  Spacing between boards is .25".  A little more work but it uses what you supplied.  Model is attached.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 6 of 11
cvbsDTXM7
in reply to: jhackney1972

This is exactly what I wanted. You did this in less than 2 hrs. and I have been playing with issue for days.  I can not thank you enough. 

I will have to try and replicate what you did for knowledge purpose. 

If you have any key points I should watch for please share.

again... major Thank You 🙂

Message 7 of 11
cvbsDTXM7

As you have probably seen from my profile I am very new to this whole modeling thing. 🙂  I have read what you said you did, but to be totally honest I do not understand how to do what you listed as steps.  I do not want to take up your time, so if you can tell me where I can read up on and practice the actions you did to accomplish this I would be very grateful.

Message 8 of 11
cvbsDTXM7
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Dave,

Thanks for the work and it also accomplishes my needs.    I am very new at this and want to learn all I can. I see from other posts that there is more than one way to get these results and I would like to be able to have as many new skills learned as possible. Would you please explain the actions you took to make this happen.

thanks again.

Message 9 of 11
davebYYPCU

Open my file, move the timeline to the begining, 

step one step at a time, and make visible with the eyeballs the articles that arrive in the file browser, 

I deleted stuff from your file I didn't need, 

The first thing I did, was straighten up the table sketch to be the same as the view cube, and vertical to the window.

Then I constrained (put) the centre board sketch on the origin.  The board for it, moved into place for me.

I made the Rectangular pattern of the body feature, and needing 9 boards, made it symmetric, count 9.

Sliding the handle out for about the right spacing, and the extent was close to 25 inches so made it 25 inches.

I then added the cutting square to the table octagon sketch.   I then hide the octagon body, selected the 2 outside profiles in the sketch and cut the board pattern excess off / away.

You now have a choice to continue making legs and at the end making Components from the bodies if required.

Might help....

Message 10 of 11
jhackney1972

As I pointed out in the video, you need to create and activate your component BEFORE you make any sketches.  That way the sketches will be associated with each component and will appear under them.  You also need to start fully constraining your sketches and always make a relationship to the origin.  I will let the Screencast explain the rest.  You already have my finished file to follow.  I used your model in the state you supplied it, if you were doing it again @davebYYPCU method would be a lot more efficient.  I just tried to answer your question with the model I was given. 

One thing you need to keep in mind.  The Fusion 360 Support Forum is not for questions like yours, it is reserved for Fusion 360 application issues and problems with the software itself.  For questions about a design, use the Fusion 360 Design, Validate and Document forum.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 11 of 11
cvbsDTXM7

Thank you John for your Excellent follow up and detailed explanation of what you did to resolve this.  I will use the other board for my issues in the future.  Again much appreaction for taking the time to help a newbie.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report