Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loft with twist problem?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
i-make-robots
230 Views, 1 Reply

loft with twist problem?

See reference image!

I'm trying to model a belt that connects two wheels AND goes around a 90 degree bend.  I tried to Sweep from Profile 2 around to the midpoint (after which I could use mirrors) but it wouldn't accept my rails.  I made a body around the first disc such that Profile 1 is at the tangent point.  Then I tried both Sweep and Loft to complete the body, but I get "inconsistent edge-face relationships".  I tried using both rails, also no help.  without the rails the gets weirdly fat in the middle.  Both Profiles are the same size.  Profile 1 is obv. not on a parallel plane to Profile 2.  Reversing the profile selection doesn't help, either.

File is here: https://a360.co/2J3fwat

Edit: never mind!  one profile was slightly off-path.  Can't delete dumb thread.  sigh.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
davebYYPCU
in reply to: i-make-robots

Try Sweep with a single centre line rail, and 90 degree twist, for that segment, type join.

If you have to Loft, you need 4 tangent 3d Splines, for the rails, (too hard), in this case as the profile is the same each end.

Might help...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report