Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
brentpotts99
284 Views, 2 Replies

Loft question

Hello,

To start, the screengrab isn't from Fusion, but from Blender. It illustrates the question I'm asking though. 

I had a scenario (in Fusion) where I performed a loft to close off a hole, like what you see in the picture, from the faces highlighted.  It seemed to work, but I'm wondering, does doing it this way produce any hidden faces? 

While the function closed the hole from the two opposite sides, does it automatically merge the entire perimeter (all 4 sides)? 

loft.jpg

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If you are in the Model workspace, yes it does close the hole without creating hidden faces.

Instead of lofting, you could also just have highlighted the 4 interior faces and deleted them. Fusion 360 would have automatically healed this back into a solid.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
davebYYPCU
in reply to: brentpotts99

You can check the result with Inspect > Section Analysis

It should be two bodies if you set New Body, and a single plate if you used Join in the operation, but that would require exact geometry.

Might help...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report