Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking to the part mass in a drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chainley3KEW3
179 Views, 3 Replies

Linking to the part mass in a drawing

Is there a way to link to the part mass in a drawing titleblock?  I have a part that I am creating a 2D of and I would like to link it so that it updates automatically.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

No, there are only a few drawing attributes that monitor the model and Mass in not one of them.  You can create a custom attribute but it will have to be MANUALLY updated everything the model mass changes.

Edit: You could have someone do some custom API programming but out of the box, NO.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4

I figured as much.  Sad day.

Message 4 of 4

Hi @chainley3KEW3 

I'm just circling back to this request. We implemented several new attributes (including Mass) in the May update, more details here: https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/may-2022-product-update-whats-new/#Drawings

I'd love to get your thoughts around this. If you're up for it, here is a link to my calendar, please book a session with me, and we can chat on Zoom. I can also show you some of the new tools that are coming soon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report