Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking multiple components into project

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
esverd
531 Views, 3 Replies

Linking multiple components into project

I want to insert several components into one master assembly.

My workflow is:

1. Save gear template as it's own file
  2. Save copy of template
  3. Insert original template into another project. Linking is working
  4. Try to insert copy of template into same project as above. Linking is not working (see picture)

What can I do to get a copy of my template and successfully inserting it into an assembly with linking?

image.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.bales
in reply to: esverd

This is likely because you are on a personal hub and not team hub. Personal hubs do not allow for cross project referencing. 

You'll need to setup a Fusion team hub to get this working: http://autode.sk/teamonboarding and it would be good to check out this for more information https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/fusion-team-faqs/ 

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 3 of 4
esverd
in reply to: ryan.bales

That might be it.

I tried transferring but for whatever project I try to transfer I get an error message. A new team has been successfully created though.

I'm on a student license if that matters.

image.png

Message 4 of 4
esverd
in reply to: ryan.bales

You were right about having to migrate to a team project. Now I can cross reference to my hearts content.

After creating the new team project I couldn't migrate my old projects at first, but it worked after 24 hours or so.

Thanks for your solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report