Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Know the missing font used on Windows that is not available on MAC

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
pol.cirera.jordana
492 Views, 5 Replies

Know the missing font used on Windows that is not available on MAC

Hello everyone

I have been searching around and I did not find out a solution.

My issue is the following:

I did create a very simple file in fusion 360 in my old Windows PC that is no longer working.

It is an extruded text, and I do not remember the font I used on it.

I now have a MacBook with fusion 360 that opens the same document, but if I edit the text properties into the sketch the font say that is "Arial", and this is not true (Searching in the forums I've seen this is a standard behavior)

Is there a way to know the original font name? for then install it into the MacBook.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Maybe if you attach your model, someone with Fusion 360 on a PC can open the file and get a the "true" properties of the text.  If you do not know how to attach your model, open it in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save it to your hard drive.  Then use the Attachments section of a forum reply to attach it.

Attachment.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6

Thank you for the suggestion.

Here I attach the file just in case, there is only one sketch with the font and then the extrusion.

Thanks in advanced

Message 4 of 6

Fusion 360 reports the font as Calibri.  I do not know if it will help you, as I do not know how MAC fonts work, but I attached a zip file contains the font from my Windows 10 system.

Font Name.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 6

Many thanks

I loaded the font in mac and now works fine

Message 6 of 6

I'm glad you figured it out.

However I have the same issue and imho
Fusion360 should display an error dialog, 

if the sketch detects a missing font like:
'Warning: Sketch uses font "Roboto Sans" this font was not found on your system."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report