Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joints not working in simulation

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
chill_wes001
1686 Views, 19 Replies

Joints not working in simulation

Hello,

I'm trying to run a static stress simulation. The model is built with rigid joints in the design section. However, when I go into simulation, some of the parts move from where they are supposed to be. I even tried making the whole assembly one piece by using rigid group to no avail. Any help appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Wes Payne

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
sunil.v.b
in reply to: chill_wes001

Hi @chill_wes001  Could you please share a screencast or the design file with us?

Sunil

Fusion Development team

Message 3 of 20
chill_wes001
in reply to: sunil.v.b

I've just tried to do it - servers have processed it now I think?

Here you can see that I have all sorts of joints holding it in place and it jumping after I click on the simulation section. This happens with the generative design tab and simulation but none of the others

Message 4 of 20
chill_wes001

Message 5 of 20
sunil.v.b

Thank you @chill_wes001  for sharing the screencast. Not able to find anything obvious from the screencast. The desing looks ok to me. Could you please share the design file with us so that we can investigate this further at our end? 

Message 6 of 20
chill_wes001

@sunil.v.b I've attached the simplified file as a step and f3z.

Message 7 of 20
chill_wes001

Step not attaching :S

Message 8 of 20
sunil.v.b

Thanks a lot @chill_wes001 for sharing the f3z design file. Its OK if the Step file is not uploading. I am able to reproduce the issue with supplied f3z. This looks like a bug in our software. Interestingly am not able to reproduce the same issue with other models, seems like some bug is uncovered with this speicfic file. I have logged an internal ticket FUS-62567 for our tracking. We will update you as soon as we find anything to share.

Thanks again for reporting this issue and helping us with data to reproduce. 

Sunil

Fusion Development team

Message 9 of 20
chill_wes001

OK thank you

Message 10 of 20
chill_wes001

@sunil.v.b It's a wider problem with inserting assemblies into assemblies and then simulating. I've had exactly the same issue with a different project. Only workaround I can find is to insert all the individual parts into the file being simulated. It's really not good for commercial software.

Message 11 of 20

I have the same problem, and the "piece" that does not respect the joint (in the simulation) is an assembly made of 3 components, inserted into the main assembly. My walk-around was to insert the components directly into the main assembly (without making an assembly with 3 components in a dedicated file).

Message 12 of 20

Good news, this issue is getting fixed in the upcoming update. 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 13 of 20
chill_wes001
in reply to: keqingsong

Hi @keqingsong it did fix in an update...

....and it's broken again in the next one

Is joining components in an assembly not quite a fundamental piece of the software? We're paying for this rubbish?

Message 14 of 20
kgrunawalt

Hi. Is it possible that the problem simulation model was created before the fix and has not been updated since the fix? A simulation model is updated automatically when something changes in the source design. It is possible that doing a compute all or some other change while in the design and then switching to simulation will fix the problem.

Message 15 of 20
TitanFox239

This is literally still not fixed after another three years.

Message 16 of 20
TitanFox239

Update: for a quick and dirty solution just "break link" with all outside parts and reload the simulation space. You may need a rigid joint for everything after breaking the link.

Message 17 of 20

I couldn't get any solution for this issue. It is really annoying.  

Message 18 of 20

@areda.eyoas-ergetu811 Sorry to hear that the issue still persists at your end. Is it possible for you to share the Fusion file? It would be really helpful for us to investigate the issue further.

Message 19 of 20
seiyaotani23

This is still an issue by the way. Please fix this. 

Message 20 of 20

@seiyaotani23 Is it possible to share the fusion file so that our development team can investigate the issue further?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report