Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting DXF to sketch hangs Fusion 360

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
620 Views, 2 Replies

Inserting DXF to sketch hangs Fusion 360

I'm loading a DXF while editing a new sketch. The DXF is made from raytracing a bitmap, and is about 1mb in size.

When inserting this DXF into a sketch Fusion occupies 800mb ram just to cope with it and it takes forever to calculate and to move the vectors around in the sketch. Its just impossible to work with.

If I save the vectors as SVG after raytracing, and insert into Fusion its much better but still way to slow.

Its like a lot of vectors just is really hard to handle for Fusion. I experience that sketching is going the wrong way. I have crashed my Fusion several times today when working with this design.

I have attached both the dxf and svg to this post.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

Your DXF file has over 10,000 lines in it, anything over a few hundred will bring Fusion to its knees. If you need to work with files like this Fusion's not the right tool.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

What would be the right program for this. I’m experiencing the same issues. When I try and insert a large file. Fusion 360 crashes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report