Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexing/Tiling

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
345 Views, 2 Replies

Indexing/Tiling

I'm needing to cut a project on my plasma cutter but I broke my project done into 4 sections of how big my cutter is. Is there a way to break the lines or is there a way to index or tiling on fusion 360. 

https://a360.co/2Z78Gfw

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
subversivespeed
in reply to: Anonymous

Select Extrude, click on a profile, extrude as a body, move to the next quarter, repeat until you have four seperate bodies, each one a part of your sign. Then, click on each body you just made, and seperate them slightly with the MOVE command. Left click on the face of one part of the sign, create sketch, project, and then click on each face, which will take the faces and turn them into sketches, but they will be seperated.. Then, go into the tree, select the sketches you just created, right click each one,  and select "save as dxf".

Message 3 of 3
davebYYPCU
in reply to: Anonymous

Totally dependant on how you treat the output.

Copy the sketch, as many times as needed, delete / trim the outside articles of each panel, then save as dxf.

I use an addin called DXFer, to cut existing body faces.

Might help...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report