Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Arabic font ligature

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
moussa1103
310 Views, 8 Replies

Incorrect Arabic font ligature

Arabic text is in reverse order and incorrect ligature when added in sketch using Fusion 360 (v.2.0.19983) on macOS Sonoma 14.6.1.

Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 11.03.38 AM.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
HughesTooling
in reply to: moussa1103

This has come up before, try the workaround in this post.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
HughesTooling

@moussa1103 The thread I liked above was for an error using text on path. If you are just using a text box the mirror and flip options on the text dialog should give the correct format.

HughesTooling_0-1724661056930.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
moussa1103
in reply to: HughesTooling

@HughesTooling, This is not only about flipping to get the right order, its about letter ligature. in the example provided the word should be displayed as Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 12.23.20 PM.png where the first letter gets connected to the next. Arabic letters connect differently depending on where they fall in the word, and what adjacent letters preceeds or follows. 

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 1.59.24 PM.png

Message 5 of 9
HughesTooling

@moussa1103 I hoped someone else might try helping but seems not! @Phil.E Can you offer any advice?

@moussa1103 Can you give an example typed into a message on the forum so we can see the problem if the text is typed into Fusion? Also have you tried any other software like inkscape and maybe export as an SVG to get the text into Fusion?

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
Phil.E
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks, I logged FUS-170068.

@moussa1103  Apologies for our pace of development, but I don't see this getting fixed soon enough to matter for your current projects. Pleas try the 3rd party solution mentioned by @HughesTooling 

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 9
moussa1103

@Phil.E @HughesTooling Appreciate the support. For the current project, I have decided to use English letters. But it would be benefiticial to have this functionality corrected for future. I didn't try to import SVG yet. If I get around to it, I will post the results. 

@HughesTooling You can copy / paste the below arabic letters into autodesk for testing. I don't know whether the issue is similar on windows machine. Make sure you add arabic language fonts to your OS.

هذّّه هي الغة العربية

Message 8 of 9
Phil.E

Thanks for responding. I'm sorry there isn't a better solution than the workaround with a 3rd party app. SVG import is easy in Fusion, and that workflow should be relatively simple considering the results it can bring. Thanks for your patience with Fusion.

• If you are editing a sketch, it will insert into the sketch.
  • If you are not, it will create a sketch for the inserted svg.

PhilE_0-1726152854377.png

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 9
moussa1103
in reply to: Phil.E

@Phil.E Much apprecaited. I will attempt SVG on my next project. Hopefully this issue gets sorted in the near future. I am curious thought to whether the behavior is similar running on Win OS. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report