Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cut a project in half.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
coambs
499 Views, 2 Replies

How to cut a project in half.

I am trying to build a mould. I created the outer shell, and realized that I would never get the casting out. I tried cutting the print in half so I could re print two halves. I am new and have no idea what I am doing! My file looks like only one half but when I put it into Cura I still get the whole object. Obviously I did something wrong, I am attaching the file. Could someone show me how to end up with only half of this? I am going to try lost pla casting this into brass.

I searched previous problems but don't really know what to search for. I need to learn the lingo.

Thank you

David

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: coambs

The Section Analysis tool is only a graphics tool to help you work inside Fusion 360, it has no effect on your exported model for 3D printing.  You did a correct Split Body, so what you want to do is outlined in the Screencast, Save as Mesh one of the bodies to an STL or 3MF file for 3D printing.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
coambs
in reply to: jhackney1972

John, Thank you. My project got kind of delayed. 

I will have a go at it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report