Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add holes in one part to line up with holes in another part

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
johnAMKDR
198 Views, 5 Replies

How to add holes in one part to line up with holes in another part

I have an imported model with threaded holes. Call that part "UpperBlock". I want to attach it to another part, "BasePlate". I have added axes to the holes in the UpperBlock and made them long enough to go through the BasePlate and have positioned the two parts as required.

I would like to add countersunk clearance holes from the backside of the BasePlate, but I cannot get the hole function to snap to the intersection of an axis and the face. I thought it worked sometimes, but on inspection, the holes aren't lined up.

johnAMKDR_0-1673557875248.png

The file for this example is attached; thanks for any suggestions.

John

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeff_strater
in reply to: johnAMKDR

I would use a sketch and Extrude:

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 6
jhackney1972

You do this my projecting, an existing sketch or feature, into a new sketch.  I also showed you how to create a new component by dragging existing sketches, which brings the associated body, into it.  This can easily be done early in a model before dependencies develop.  I will not return the model as it is a simple operation to follow.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: jeff_strater

Trumped my by 27 seconds!

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 6
johnAMKDR

Thanks John. I just projected the axis so it would be easier to use the Hole function should I want a smaller hole in that body ( like flipping which part has threads).

It wasn't as bad as I feared.

Message 6 of 6
jhackney1972

As I showed in the video, I would create a component of the body and sketch before adding the holes.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report