Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i make hole in stl fusion 360 hobby?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
newns
115 Views, 1 Reply

how do i make hole in stl fusion 360 hobby?

super new to 3d modeling. all im trying to do is take a vat cover stl cut out a rectangular hole near the screw holes so i can just slide it under the bolt heads rather than have to take the bolts all the way out every single time i want to remove or install the cover.

when i convert it, and use the extrude tool to make the cut, the faces that lining the cut area are a sickly yellow which i assume means there isnt anything there??? 

i attached the stl file, an image of what happens when i try to accomplish my goal as described, an an image of a top down view of what i want on the right and what it starts as on the left. id also like to fill the four holes in the middle but i have no idea how to use this software and after spending hours looking at youtube videos im even more confused as many of them are outdated or require paid features to do what im trying to do. 

Tags (2)
Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Warmingup1953
in reply to: newns

I have quickly repaired, created facegroups and converted to a solid body. Have you started on any training? There's inbuilt as well as fantastic online resources.

EDIT: It would be a good semi-beginner project to start within Fusion and design the better Mouse Trap so to speak because this one has very little fall for drips:

Vat lid.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report