Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make a hole in this cylinder, that fits the inside curve?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
maicraftwizard
635 Views, 6 Replies

How can I make a hole in this cylinder, that fits the inside curve?

I need a rectangle to fit this inside curve(image below). Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks!

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

You need to provide a little more detail.  Do you want to cut a rectangular hole 90 degrees to the cylinder wall?  Do you want a rectangle that fits inside the length of the cylinder?  Also please attach your model.  If you do not know how to attach your model, open it in Fusion360, select the File menu and then choose Export and save the .F3D file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section of a reply forum post to attach it.

Attachment.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7

Ok, no problem. What I'm trying to do is have both top and bottom sides of the rectangle curve perfectly to the inside of the cylinder, so that I may extrude it. And here's that f3D file

Message 4 of 7

Here you go.  I put some dimensions on it to hold it in place.  What you needed to do is use the Project command in the sketch to capture the inside curve.  Model is attached.

If you are going to just extrude it down to make a rail on the inside of the cylinder, the sketch can overlap the cylinder wall as you will use Join option in the Extrude command.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 7

Are you sure this is the right file? I don't see any modifications or measurements...

Message 6 of 7

Ok, so I figured out how to get the project command to work , but I also need the other side of the rectangle to be as the same curve, any idea of how I could do that? (btw, it's only going about halfway through the cylinder wall.

Message 7 of 7

You can adjust any dimensions needed to place or resize the sketch.  Model is attached.

Cylinder Wall Sketch.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report