Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole wizard problem.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
davidGLA8P
360 Views, 7 Replies

Hole wizard problem.

I've used the hole wizard function many times to create various styles of holes.  By and large it does what I expect and helps speed things up a great deal.

It seems to have developed a problem on my machine recently (Fusion 2.0.7402, Windows 10).  Counterbores and countersinks have lost the size information appropriate to the size of hole.  For example, if I ask it to create a tapped hole for ISO metric M6x1, then add a counter bore, the counter bore is only 7.25mm in diameter and 1mm deep instead of 11.2mm dia and 6mm deep.

I'm sure this used to work.  Any ideas what's going wrong?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

File>Export and then Attach and example *.f3d file here that exhibits this behavior.

Message 3 of 8

File attached as requested.  It's a block with a hole that's supposed to be counterbored, but the bore size is incorrect.

Message 4 of 8
wmhazzard
in reply to: davidGLA8P

I think you need to manually enter the dimensions that you want. 

hole.JPG

Message 5 of 8

If you drag this arrow - you can edit the size.

CounterBore Size.png

Message 6 of 8
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: wmhazzard

@wmhazzard wrote:

I think you need to manually enter the dimensions that you want. 

I wasn't able to edit the dimension size, except by dragging glyph.

Never mind, somehow my numlock was turned off.

Message 7 of 8

@davidGLA8P 

Maybe you were thinking of Clearance Holes rather than Tapped Holes?

Clearance Holes.png

Message 8 of 8

Your edit feature box looks somewhat different to mine.  For example, I don't have the fastener type dropdown.  I also have a thread offset option that you don't.

Changing to clearance hole has an even more bizarre effect.   Every time I change between simple, counterbore and countersink, the size of the hole changes.

For example if I select M6 simple, clearance and then change to counterbore, the hole size changes to M1.6.  Pretty sure it's never done that before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report