Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Hole function] Socket head screw mode, screw length

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
victor.farautS6FQB
97 Views, 0 Replies

[Hole function] Socket head screw mode, screw length

Hi,

I'm using a lot of screws in my designs lately and I'm using them on organic surfaces. I want to have socket head screw that are "hidden" in the model. Their is 2 issues doing so:

- I need to know in advance the screw head height or do extra work to accommodate for them.

- I can only use the hole function to cut in one direction, while I was hopping to be able to cut the counterbore in the opposite direction. This can allow the hole counterbore function to directly be linked to the length of the screw and not the length of the screw + screw head height

Right now, this is how I do it:

- Create a construction plane taking into account the type of screw and the screw head length

- Create a sketch to locate the screw hole center

- Use the "hole" function with "counterbore" and "clearance" options, and select the right screw size for my design.

- Try to find the screw head surface

- Extrude/cut this screw head surface to the exterior of my part

current behaviour.png

All of this leads to the screw head being too deep into the part and lots of operations. I can manage the screw being to deep by extruding again to regain the screw head heigh, but it's an extra step.

Could it be possible to add to the hole function or something else, something to cut in both directions.

Expected behaviour.png

This would speed up my process and also help other members of my team to get the right screw length directly. 

Or Does a extension to do this exists? 

Labels (5)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report