Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with emboss tool.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
johnday29
504 Views, 6 Replies

Help with emboss tool.

I am trying to emboss the sketch on top of this barrel lid, the problem is it only allows me to select one plank not all of them.  It is one body so I figured this should work but am probably missing a setting to make it so.  Thanks in advance.

Screenshot (11).png

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: johnday29

The Emboss command only works of faces that connect.  The grooves in the barrel head break up the faces.  You can do multiple Emboss commands and select a sketch portion and then the board face it lands on but this will take you a long time especially when you get to the smaller lettering.  Here is a portion I did to show you.

Emboss Individual Face.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: jhackney1972

It also may be possible to do the Emboss on the barrel head "before" the slat cuts are made.  You model has so many problems I cannot try this method without some major work.

John Hackney, Retired
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
g-andresen

Hi,

Emboss refers to faces not to bodies.

How should the embossing be done in the groove.

günther

Message 5 of 7
jhackney1972

My last suggestion is the way to go.  Placing the Emboss before the barrel head cuts works just fine.  You did not say which if you wanted the Emboss to Cut or add material but it works either way.

Émboss First.jpg

John Hackney, Retired

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
johnday29

Thanks for that, I will try and work it so I can do that from here on out.  Yes the model has lots of errors because I copy and pasted it from another project for simplicity of showing what I was wanting to do. Thanks for all the help

Message 7 of 7
g-andresen

Hi,

this one is extrude "from object" (backside)

from backside.png

First I repaired some sketch elements.

günther

Screencast

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report