Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help updating extrusion from edited sketch

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
a.leelarkin
177 Views, 1 Reply

Help updating extrusion from edited sketch

Hello, I have been trying hard to figure this out on my own and by reading through similar forum posts, but I am still stuck.

Classic story- I am trying to edit my design by changing a parameter in a sketch, with the hope that being reflected to bodies.

My workflow for this design (my first CAD project) was mostly using Sketch-Project-Extrude, and a couple patterns. I am trying to copy an existing design in order to customize it slightly. 

I am trying to edit the diameter of a hole, however the sketch lines were in purple, so from what I gathered I needed to "Break Link" in order to make them editable. This gave me a blue line which I could freely drag, but not the black numbers to type in an exact variable. I dragged it out to close to what I wanted (from 45mm to 48.225mm), but the subsequent extrusion is not reflecting this change. "Capture Design History" is on, and I tried doing CMD-Click which did not do anything.

I am stumped! Attached is the file. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ryan.bales
in reply to: a.leelarkin

Your extrusion isn't using the sketch profile but is using the surface body profile of the face the sketch was based on. Edit your extrusion, deselect the profile it has and reselect the sketch profile. Then it will be linked to the sketch.

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report