Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Make ellipse solid

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
661 Views, 4 Replies

Help! Make ellipse solid

Hi, sorry for the noob question. I've drawn an ellipse and then extruded it however the object is hollow and not solid. How can I make it a solid object like the cylinder beneath it. Any help would be great.

f360ellipse.gif

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pawel.potyrala
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

welcome to Fusion 360 Community Forum!

If the elipse sketch was a closed one, you should be able to create a solid with the Design -> SOLID -> Create -> Extrude command (Model -> Create -> Extrude in the old UI).

You can also use the Design -> SURFACE -> Create -> Patch feature to create closing faces and Stitch the shape afterwards. I recorded a short screencast with the other workflow here: https://autode.sk/2KFvLgT (it should be available in a few minutes).

Let me know if that helps. Thanks!

Best regards,

Paweł Potyrała
Technical Support Manager

Global Product Support
My Screencasts | Fusion 360 Webinars
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pawel.potyrala

Hmmm, I think I didn't finish the sketch of the ellipse. I have done that now, attempted to extrude the ellipse but now it just cuts a hole in the lower cylinder instead of creating a new object. Am I selecting the wrong thing?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

OK, no problem, it was defaulting to cut when I entered the extrude length. I changed this to new body and I have success! Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 5
pawel.potyrala

Hi @Anonymous,

thanks for getting back to me! Exactly - you can choose "New Body", "Join", "Cut" or "New Component" options for these operations.

I encourage you to go through the following tutorials for Fusion 360: Fusion 360 Adoption Portal. If you are stuck on a workflow, the following related Community Forum should be the best way to go: Fusion 360 Design, Validate and Document.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Paweł Potyrała
Technical Support Manager

Global Product Support
My Screencasts | Fusion 360 Webinars

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report