Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Fusion Locked Up. Won't quit uploading

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
William_Dec_45
340 Views, 10 Replies

Help! Fusion Locked Up. Won't quit uploading

I loaded a file from your self-paced tutorials. Per the instructions, I made a copy of it so it would be editable. I think I may have inadvertently done that more than once. Now my Fusion is stuck trying to upload six files. I'm attaching my logs. Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

@William_Dec_45 There are some solutions called out in the below article for stuck uploads. Please let us know if that helps. 

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/File-stuck-in-uplo...

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 11

Issue:

Users reported that one or more of the following uploading issues may occur in Fusion:

• The file is missing from the Data Panel. No
  • A file that has been uploaded or saved does not seem to be uploaded to the cloud. It is stuck in the upload queue and is still shown in the upload status dialog box. Not sure about an "upload status". Please see pic.
  • A warning sign/exclamation mark appears next to the design thumbnail in the Data Panel, suggesting that "The file is not available at the moment". When accessed from another machine, the most recent version is not available. No exclamation mark, just blue spinners for hours.
  • Designs remain reserved, even after closing the file. Due to the reservation, the designs are not editable from another machine. I'm sorry. I do not know what this is referring to.
  • An export job is stuck, with no progress. I intended to export one of these files but never could get one of them to appear in the display area for exporting.
  • Fusion is unable to close. Not a problem. Thought that might help, but it didn't.
  • Multiple uploads are delayed. Yes, six I believe, see pic.
  • Fusion hangs / freezes when attempting to save a file. Not a problem as far as I can tell.
  • Fusion does not save after making changes to design. Not a problem as far as I can tell.
  • William_Dec_45_1-1722988198650.png

• William_Dec_45_2-1722988324710.png

Message 4 of 11

Also-- hovering over any entry in the data panel shows message "Document is still uploading".
Message 5 of 11

@William_Dec_45 thanks for the additional information. Can you please follow the solution in the below link? 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-support/document-stuck-uploading/m-p/12928760/highlight/true#M...

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 6 of 11

Please clarify:

William_Dec_45_1-1722995409851.png

Message 7 of 11

@William_Dec_45 They is the right file. You do t even have to reman. Just move it to another location so that Fusion does not find this file and generates it again. And yes just close the windows and restart Fusion. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 8 of 11

I'll do that and let you know how it goes.

Thank you.

Message 9 of 11

Thank you RajkumarIlanchelian. That fixed my problem. If I may be so bold, I would substitute this path for folks like me who aren't so computer savvy: 

If Windows Machine: Open File Explorer, double click the C drive, then Users > Bill (or the user's name) > AppData > Roaming > Autodesk > Neutron Platform > Option > Now double click folder with crazy long name, (something like 63FYQP7CZJC), then find the file called "login_ActiveDocuments". I think you could simply delete this file, but I renamed mine "RENAMED 8-6-24" just in case I need it again. Fusion will build another file to replace "login_ActiveDocuments". Close File Explorer.

Message 10 of 11

@William_Dec_45 Glad to know that this fixes the problem. The real issue is why did your session get I to this situation is what we need to understand. We will work with to reproduce this problem. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 11 of 11

In that case, here is some more information. I downloaded one of your teaching modules in the form of a read-only file. Then I saved it so that it would be read-write. I did that so I could send it to someone on the forum with a question about the drawing part of the file. Something I did in that process put everything in a tail spin. The path is like this:

Click question mark top right screen >

Learning and Documentation >

Self Paced Learning >

Scroll down to Design Documentation >

Open Annotating a drawing

See Tutorials

Click Open and Save a Fusion Drawing

Watch video and follow these steps:

data panel > samples > basic training > 08 drawing > connector joint drwg > open > see read only file > save copy as editable

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report