Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble creating simple flange in shape that doesn't cause collision

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
604 Views, 6 Replies

Having trouble creating simple flange in shape that doesn't cause collision

I'm trying to create a simple flange.

I can get the desired miters needed on the flange by changing the angle to .1 (as pictured) but I lose the length generated from the k-factor at a 90 degree bend.

flange unfolded.PNG

If I set the angle to the desired 90 Degrees, I lose my miters, and therefor can't flatten because of collisions.

flange folded.PNG

I've watched every sheet metal tutorial and scoured the forums for other people struggling with similar folds but I've reached a dead end.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

File>Export and then Attach the *.f3d file of the folded part minus the miters. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Please see attached

Message 4 of 7
TheCADWhisperer

I will present my "solution" in a bit, but first thing I notice is that your Sketch1 is not fully constrained.

The rectangle is placed at the origin, but not constrained to the Origin Center Point.

This would keep me awake at night...

As I check further - an extraneous horizontal dimension required because of missing Horizontal constraint on bottom line and duplicated 110° dimension (I would use Parallel constraint).  Now back to work on the model...

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Ha, I can understand that. This project is a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy. I remember it losing it's origin constraint but at this point I'm not looking for polish, just function. I'll rebuild everything once I get past this hurdle 🙂

and thanks, I have made those adjustments

Message 6 of 7
TheCADWhisperer

This example might give you some ideas.

If you want square reliefs in the corners - you will have to edit the trimmed surface.

I have to move on to other work.

Mitered Flange.png

Edit:  I see easy way to change to square reliefs if you can't figure it out, but I will hold out on the effort till you have had a chance to look at my geometry.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

So I ended up using the unfolded (angle 0 degrees) as a guide and wrote down the mitre angles, and then returned angle to 90 degrees and added chamfer's at those angles (with some tweaking). I have my desired outcome.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report