Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Rendering Support

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
14gmathieson
463 Views, 1 Reply

GPU Rendering Support

Hello!

I'd just like to raise the importance of considering GPU rendering support in Fusion 360. 

I have a laptop with excellent hardware, however, the built-in renderer in Fusion doesn't make good use of it by any means. Don't get me wrong, local renders don't take very long here, but they're far from being as fast as they could be. Other threads have had responses suggesting it is continually considered by the development team, however, they deem it unnecessary (likely based on their cloud setups).

For desktop or server systems, it makes sense that the CPU can take on the challenge but, on mobile devices where the CPU is less powerful and discrete GPUs are commonplace, I feel as though it's a shame not even having the option to render on the GPU. Energy efficiency isn't necessarily a factor if the device is plugged into the mains, and rapidly generating renders would far outweigh this problem for many people. Please consider it further as a separate option to local CPU rendering.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kendrickxy
in reply to: 14gmathieson

I totally agree!
I have an expensive GPU which I can't even use with Fusion!

To be honest, even if they put the GPU rending behind a pay wall, I would be ready to spend for it. It's worth the time and money!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report