Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting back my data

41 REPLIES 41
SOLVED
Message 1 of 42
jcamve
1202 Views, 41 Replies

Getting back my data

All my data is lost. There are no files I can open except the  editable ones. After editing I was directed to a new project file that  was otherwise empty. In all fairness I should add that I made a couple of changes to my preferences that caused the mess I am in. I did not now that after so long I still am a newbie.

41 REPLIES 41
Message 21 of 42
jcamve
in reply to: jcamve

Could not get past d directory Neutron Platform. I wonder that even though Fusion updated me three or four days ago I got a proper version. See attachment.

Message 22 of 42
jcamve

Could not get past d directory Neutron Platform. I wonder that even though Fusion updated me three or four days ago I got a proper version. See attachment.

Message 23 of 42
jcamve

Message 24 of 42
jcamve

Message 25 of 42

@jcamve If you cannot find them in that folder can you try? 

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Neutron Platform\Options\<#####>

Search for the file name in your C drive is the above is not working too. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 26 of 42
jcamve

Tell me what to look for. Look, I am sorry that I am giving you so much trouble that I could possibly solve if I were addressed to some training chapter within your own . If you can don that Im will stop and spend some time in ntraining and free you. I am in Caracas, Venezuela and I just dont know of anybody thtat  can teach me what I dont get out of the trial and error method and whatever I read from you guys.

Message 27 of 42
jcamve

I sent the wrong diorectory

Message 28 of 42

@jcamve In your C: drive can you search for the file login__ActiveDocuments

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 29 of 42

There is no such file in my C: dial
Message 30 of 42

there is no such file with one underline either.
Message 31 of 42

@jcamve hmmmm. that is interesting. Can you please post an image of your data panel? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 32 of 42

What is that data panel supposed to be or look like?
Message 33 of 42

@jcamve The place where you see and access your data is the data panel. For example below. Would like the same of your inside your project to see how many designs are marked as editable. 

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 12.47.10 PM.png

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 34 of 42
jcamve

Note that only the editable files are shown, but after two (Three?) years there are quite a bit more files. 

Message 35 of 42

One file is missing. I changed it to read only and issued the post command. The file disappeared from the list but was sent to the other hub because I can no longer access it. 

Message 36 of 42
jcamve

The data panel is file 22.

Message 37 of 42

@jcamve Thank you for the images. So there are a couple of things I want to clarify and see how we can problem solve for you. 

1. In the image in red I do not see any one of them with a thumbnail. This shows that the full save process did not go through

2. All of these five files have only V1 meaning that you had not edited theses documents again. I assume the problem here is that you cannot open them for atleast you can open them but you cannot save them, right? 

3. In the free box that I highlighted can you do the dropdown and show me how many hubs you have? 

4. Lastly can you direct message me here what email ID you have used to create the Fusion account? 

Data panel.png

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 38 of 42

Good morning.

I will reply in your order.

2. when after attempting to edit one of the editable files I got the message that you see in the attachment. I canceled de editing. I noticed however that the version shown before canceling went up to 5. Savingn was painless except that the drawing was treated as new (V5). As you can also see, V1 is still there.

3.In the uper left topmost box you mention appears:

TEAMS YOU ARE MEMBER OF

Relojes de madera (NT. Wooden Clocks)

Single user storage

Julio Andrade

4. My email is jcamve@gmail.com

and ID is  Julio Andrade

Message 39 of 42

Here is the sattachment

Message 40 of 42

@jcamve So here is what seems to be happening.

1. Right now your active hub is Relojes de madera (NT. Wooden Clocks)
2. How ever it looks like the file that you are saving belongs to the single hub Julio Andrade
3. If you switch the active hub to "Julio Andrade" and then open the file and save, does this message go away? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report