Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generative design for students

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
158 Views, 1 Reply

Generative design for students

I saw this mentioned here in the forum a number of months ago and was wondering if there had been any clarifying changes within autodesk to fix it. 

I have registered an account with autodesk using my student email (Outlook) and was verified as a student using my university login page. After that I downloaded the program I found that the generative design aspect is only available if I pay for it. Under the generative design tab it simply gives a link to the fusion 360 subsciption page on autodesk much like it did for some of the other people on this forum. How do I access the generative design version of fusion 360?

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 14.54.12.pngScreenshot 2021-07-01 at 14.54.58.png

Furthermore is the educational licenced fusion 360 the same as the paid subsciption in terms of features and functionality, there was a few things which I couldn't find on the program and I'm not sure if its because they aren't included or if I just didn't know where to look for them. 

Let me know thanks, 

Joshua Vaughan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

1. How do I access the generative design version of fusion 360?

2. Furthermore is the educational licensed fusion 360 the same as the paid subscription in terms of features and functionality, there was a few things which I couldn't find on the program and I'm not sure if its because they aren't included or if I just didn't know where to look for them. 

1. You must sign up using a .edu email address to have free student access to Generative Design.  Other email domains will not work.

2. There is only one version - the license type determines the access to available tools.  Student functionality is the same as paid subscription (except for Generative Design - available to edu email domains).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report