Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion360 will not launch in offline mode

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1122 Views, 4 Replies

Fusion360 will not launch in offline mode

I made breakfast, I ate breakfast, I brushed my teeth, I took the dog for a walk, I could have started and closed Solidworks 100 times on this machine in the time I waited for Fusion360 to start!!!!

Not much point in having an offline mode if the program does not start, and this is not a new thing, I remember it from a year ago. After certain bad updates about 14 months ago this started to happen and it obviously has not been taken care of, it never used to happen before those updates.

Program runs great if it can start, new features are great if the program will start but skipping over serious issues like start up is just so wrong, it’s 2018 not 1980.

Spectre and meltdown should teach all developers about what can happen and why it is important to keep your machine offline. Knowing the quality of the hacking out there and the lack of quality from companies like Intel, it’s only going to get worse.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ahreum.ryu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, 

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue. 

If it has been happening since last year, I think it will be better to look into more with the developer. Would you mind sharing your log file? Here is how to collect it. 

To reproduce our issue, I would like to get more information. 

1. When was your last time to log in to Fusion 360 in cloud base?

Fusion 360 is a cloud base program so embedded in local user profile saves in Web service folder which the login state for each user is stored and cached. We lean on this file when checking entitlement and is valid per 2 weeks. 

2. The login.xml file might be corrupted. After deleting the LoginState.xml file then connect to the internet, Launch Fusion 360, Changes to the offline mode and Disconnect internet, Launch Fusion 360. Is it the same? 

C:\users\***\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services/LoginState.xml 

I look forward to your reply. 

Many thanks, 

Ahreum. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ahreum.ryu

Hi Ahreum,

I went through all this over a year ago and there has been no progress so it was a total waste of time, I will make the same suggestion as I did then.

Autodesk must have a couple of spare machines so,

1 – Do a fresh install of Fusion360

2 – Take the machine offline and leave it offline

3 – Do not use the program for day 2 or day 3

4 – Try and open the program on day 4, if it opens immediately leave the machine offline and continue trying every second day

I have removed Fusion360 from all my machines because there is nothing more frustrating than having a design in mind, waiting 45 minutes for the program to start and when it does not, going through the process of restarting the computer and waiting another 45 minutes for the same thing to happen.

I cannot give you any logs as they were not saved but the answer is quite obvious, the program is trying to dial home and yes I am well aware that we are supposed to have a two week offline period, that’s why I want to use Fusion360 and not Onshape.

The #1 requirement of a mechanical CAD designer is stability, this is not so important to the artistic community but to engineers it is imperative.

Message 4 of 5
ahreum.ryu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, 

I'm sorry Smiley Sad  I understand how frustrating this might be. 

I reported it to the development team to investigate (UP-38081). If I receive any response, I will get back to you. 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding. 

Many thanks 

Ahreum. 

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
NikosSprocket
in reply to: ahreum.ryu

Hello,

I am using the "personal" Fusion360 version and before I subscribe I am testing the functionality.

As internet is not available all the time, I have tried to open Fusion360 without internet connection and every time after the message of "No internet connection...." the application just dies.

I have tried the following without any good results.

• Put the F360 to "Offline" mode before closing the current drawing.
  • Removing the XML file from "C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services"

Is Fusion360 will function at all without an internet connection?

Thanks,

Nikos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report