Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion updates and when restart it comes back to older version

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Sarunas_Paskevicius
177 Views, 5 Replies

Fusion updates and when restart it comes back to older version

When I stared fusion it showed that it was updated to the new version, but when working it crashed. When I opened it again, the fusion version was downgraded to the older one. When trying to check for update, I am getting the error that I am not connected to the internet. When trying to use the repair tool, it gives an error that it can't connect to the server that it needs to download files.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

@Sarunas_Paskevicius What version does it show you are currently on? 

Below is my recommendation:

Close Fusion

1. Make sure that Fusion installer is not running in task manager
  2. Go to C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\ DELETE folder Autodesk\ (If you have other Autodesk products, then delete the folder Autodesk Fusion 360)
  3. Delete the Fusion shortcut you use to launch Fusion (IMPORTANT)
  4. Download the Fusion installer
  5. Now install again

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 6

Ty for the replay. It seems the problem was the shortcut pined to the desktop, it somehow launched the older version of the fusion.

Message 4 of 6

@Sarunas_Paskevicius Figured as much. This is why I was asking to delete shortcut as an important step. Glad this is working now. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 5 of 6

Why is it that I Never had a problem with this before?

Message 6 of 6

@Sarunas_Paskevicius Its likely that you were on an older version and we have made some fixes in the desktop short cut problems in the recent updates. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report