Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion not reading text from CatPart or Stp file

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
waltonmark274
234 Views, 5 Replies

Fusion not reading text from CatPart or Stp file

Why can Fusion not read text in from source file ? See images attached of the same part one read in from Stp file using Fusion the other reading same part in Using Catia !!

I need to be able to see this text but it seems Fusion is unable to see it any help greatly appreciated.

I believe the text is a B-Spline if this helps catpart.PNGthumbnail_image001.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Fusion can not read and curve data in STEP or IGES files. There is an add in here that might help. As far as I can tell the add in only imports curves so you might need to open the STEP file then use the add i to insert the curve data.

Other option is can you get the design as a DWG or DXF file? With DWG\DXF you can import solids\surfaces, curve data and meshes.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the input however either i have done something wrong or it doesnt seem to be working ive attached some images for clarity  the Add in was downloaded and added to the folder see below

I just cant seem to find how it runs ??

Thanks in advance Markpic4.PNGpic2.PNGpic3.PNGpic1.PNG

Message 4 of 6

Doesn't look like you've selected the correct folder when adding the script. After clicking the green + select the folder Curve3ddoorway.

HughesTooling_0-1716904235253.png

After this I see this.

HughesTooling_1-1716904345020.png

and 

HughesTooling_2-1716904374548.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Just tested your STP file and seems to work! The text came is as projected for some reason, just edited the sketch and broke the link and get this. Note. It does take a while to import the curves, be patient.

HughesTooling_0-1716904962626.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

You sir are a genius many thanks for your help 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report