Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 personal use install fail

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
665 Views, 8 Replies

Fusion 360 personal use install fail

Hello good people, I've previously been using Fusion 360 for personal use (free licence) but the free term has expired. To renew the personal use term I was advised to do a fresh install of Fusion 360. I have tried this, but I get the 'permission denied' error below.

I'm using a Macbook pro, OS Catalina version 10.15.6 

I'm a pretty basic user without a lot of experience... please help.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.27.54 am.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
RajkumarIlanchelian
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you please open the log file location and attach the logs? 

Also can you try accessing the article from here and see if that helps ? - https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Fus...

In the error dialog that you got, can you tell me what article does the link point you to? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: RajkumarIlanchelian

Hi Rajkumar,

Please see attached Log Files, I have tried the suggestions in the link you provided but have not had any success. I manually changed permissions to read/write but have not been able to complete the process in Terminal as I get 

"No such file or directory" at Step 3.

The link in the error message take me to "Resolving Installation Issues for Autodesk Fusion 360" which has not led me to a resolution.

Thank you for your help

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Hi @RajkumarIlanchelian 

Have you had a chance to look at the files I shared? I still have no access to Fusion 360.

Thanks in advance

Dale

Message 5 of 9
RajkumarIlanchelian

Sorry @Anonymous . Did not get a chance to review the logs. 

I will take a look at it now. One thing to try in the mean time would be: 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-do-an-automatic-Clean-Uninstall-for-Autodesk-Fusion-360.html

Install after this and let me know if that helped. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks @RajkumarIlanchelian , the uninstaller worked successfully, but after a fresh download and install I get the same error message.

Message 7 of 9
RajkumarIlanchelian

Still looking into this and the more people that look internally we are not able to nail down a root cause. The logs clearly show this :

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Users/dalemoss1/Applications/Autodesk Fusion 360.app'

1. I assume you have administrator privileges as this user that you are logging into

2. IS there a firewall that you could disable and see if the install goes through? 

3. lately, if you can, please create a new user on the Mac and login as that user. Now install Fusion and see if it works. I know this is tedious but trying to eliminate any possibilities tied to user privileges. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hello @RajkumarIlanchelian!

I created a new user on my Mac and gave the new user Admin rights. By logging into my Mac as this user I have been able to download and install Fusion360 personal use successfully!

Thank you for your help, I don't know why my original Admin user was being rejected but by having a new user the download works.

Again, thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated. I hope this thread helps other who may be experiencing the same issue.

Message 9 of 9
RajkumarIlanchelian

Glad it worked. Although I am still unclear why it blocked you on the previous account. Please reach out here if you face any other issues. Thanks for working with us patiently. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report