Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 on Multiple Machines

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Lumenarius
351 Views, 4 Replies

Fusion 360 on Multiple Machines

Just learning Fusion 360 with a personal license and I had a question about multi-machine access.

I invested in a small form factor computer for my CNC. Something to check design files and run them. It works great.

However, I am not able to get Fusion 360 to boot with my current email and password. It gives me a non-descript error. I follow the promot and there are not many suggestions. I AM able to login to Fusion Team sooo.... Is this to be expected?

I am not making tooling for Coca-Cola here I'm just trying to learn the program and see if this is a career I'd like to spend more time in. That being said is there anyway to allow a dual computer setup like this?

To be sure, I'm not looking for concurrent sessions. Just to be able to create a file in my office. Save. Upload. Then go to the garage and open to the file. Run it. Tweak if necessary.

Any work arounds here? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
baribak
in reply to: Lumenarius

Hi,

Sorry to hear of the trouble.

First, ensure Fusion is not loaded on the other system. On the 2nd system can you try:

• Check to ensure there are no pending OSX updates needing to be installed. Reboot the system to be sure.
  • Remove the folder Web Services. This is found in /users/{username}/library/application support/autodesk
  • Remove the files NMachineSpecificOptions.xml and NGlobalOptions.xml. These are found in /users/{username}/library/application support/autodesk/neutron platform.

Regards,

Kevin Baribault
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance
Message 3 of 5
Lumenarius
in reply to: baribak

Excellent, thank you for the reply.

So it sounds like this is possible in theory I just need to try these few steps?

You got it. I’ll give it a try!
Message 4 of 5
Lumenarius

Okay, I updated the OS for any patches.

Next I deleted those folders you specified.

Then I downloaded F360 again and it works! Thank you very much!

How did you know to delete those folders?

Message 5 of 5
baribak

Hi,

Glad to hear you're working.

On the files, those are option files and one if "machine-specific" options and wondered if the other system might be different.

Thanks for using Fusion 360!

Regards,

Kevin Baribault
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report