Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 on Mac Catalina will not start

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dixonjn
2363 Views, 1 Reply

Fusion 360 on Mac Catalina will not start

Fusion 360 will not start on Mac Catalina following an update to the latest version of Fusion.

Opens correctly first time only then once closed Fusion will not open again, icon just bounces once on dock.

Have tried a full fresh install after completing a manual uninstall and clean of all old Fusion software including all library files as the automatic Fusion Cleaner does not appear to work on Catalina. Tried this twice but problem continues.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dixonjn
in reply to: dixonjn

Ok, have fixed this now.

When I re-install Fusion it places the new app in both the 'user' apps folder and the main apps (all users) folder.

The Fusion app in the 'user' apps folder works fine but the Fusion app in the main app folder does not work.

I don't know if this is specific to my Mac setup or a more general issue.

I've deleted the old main apps Fusion app and moved the app across from the user apps folder to the main apps folder where I prefer it and it works fine.

However, it should be noted that the fusion 360 cleaner (Mac version) does not appear to work on Catalina

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report