Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 isn't saving changes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
junkmailbytes
337 Views, 5 Replies

Fusion 360 isn't saving changes

I’m disabled so I mainly play with Fusion 360 to keep my brain off of my pain.  This design is for lights and a display for my wheelchair.  I’ll probably never actually finish it but it’s fun for me.

I save multiple times throughout the day.  Lately, when I open my models, nothing I’ve changed over the last several model versions have saved.  Sketches that I’ve recently made are still there but the physical changes to the model are gone. 

I’ve added an RJ-45 slot to the bottom of the display box.  The sketch that I made after that is there but the section that I combined into it is missing.

I’ve imported a button from another model for the back of the display.  The sketch to line them up and space them out after I imported and copied one button to three is there.  The bodies show up under the ELECTRONICS group but the buttons are no longer there.  (Image Screenshot 2024-07-03 10.49.38 These should be there)  Clicking on the EYE next to the body does nothing.  It remains selected but nothing shows up in the model. 

I’ve moved bodies before making sketches off or them.  The sketches are in the location that I’ve moved the bodies to but when I open the model, the bodies are back were they were and the changes to the bodies are gone.

Fusion isn’t crashing.  It’s closing as usual.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Strange update

I recut the holes for the buttons in the back.  My previously imported button still showed up in the browser list but was missing from the model.  I imported the button again.  I saved the model, waited for it to upload then closed Fusion 360.  When I reopened Fusion and opened the model, the button we still there but the cutouts were gone.  I know my brain is Swiss cheese but this seems very odd to me.  Any ideas on how it can save a feature that was done after another feature that it lost?

Message 3 of 6

Hard to say without your model, please attach it.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the reply and especially thank you for telling me how to attach the file.  

I might have found part of the issue.  File size.  Like I said, I use this to keep my brain doing something.  I'm also a scatterbrain.  When something comes to mind, I need to act on it or it's gone forever.  Instead of having a dozen different models that I have to keep changing from read only to editable, I tried using one model for this entire project.  Guess I won't be doing that again.  HAHA 

My file size is 1.25 Gigs.  Since there's a 71MB limit on the upload file size, I'm guessing that a 1.25GB file won't work.

I've tried deleting some things but that usually destroys everything else.  Will removing things reduce the file size?

Message 5 of 6

I tried removing the other parts to make the file size smaller.  When exporting it, Fusion crashed and keeps crashing when trying to recover the file.  I'll have to try something else.

Message 6 of 6

I think I figured it out.  I had an assembly in this model that I had downloaded of a Noctua fan.  Once I deleted that, everything reappeared.  The holes that I had cut came back and the RJ-45 slot came back.  Plus that dropped my file size by about half. 

Thanks for the help.  I appreciate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report