Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 does not launch

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1013 Views, 12 Replies

Fusion 360 does not launch

I installed but it isn't working. Even if I run it as administer nothing happens. No error codes or warnings. JUST nothing happens. But, when I look through the Task Manager there are 'Fusion 360' processes running. I tried installing it again and again, but still not working at all.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Same problem here. Tried everything. Nuked Fusion 360 and tried to fresh install...nothing.

Windows Build 19041.21

Message 3 of 13
BjarkeIP

Same here - upgraded to the 20H1 build to start testing the software we use before it is broadly released.

Since 19041 is going to be the "RTM" build for 20H1, Autodesk will have to come up with a fix for the problem, since upgrading to the latest insider preview build is not going to be a viable solution.

So Autodesk, please take a look at fixing the problem, so it will be working when people will begin to recieve this build in march/april.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 13
karina.harper

Hi @Anonymous @BjarkeIP @Anonymous 

Are you getting any crash reports at all?

Can you share your log files here?

Thanks,

Karina

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 5 of 13
BjarkeIP
in reply to: karina.harper

No, since there is no Autodesk Fusion 360 folder inside AppData\Local\Autodesk - so the starter hangs before it even gets to creating the folder.

You can test it easily internally like this:

1: Installi the 19041 build of Windows 10 on a machine (just install a normal Windows 10 and join it to the slow insider preview ring and let it update).

2: Install Fusion 360.

3: Try and launch Fusion 360.

Now see the process show up in the list of running processes, and just hanging without anything even happening.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

There aren't 

1. Application Log Files (for issues launching or operating Fusion 360):
Windows:
C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\<AlphaNumeric Folder>\logs  ... (look for all *.log files)
C:\Users\<username<\Appdata\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\logs ... (look for all *.log files - logs here when login is unsuccessful)
and 

Web Services Log File (for issues connecting to Autodesk servers)
Windows:
C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Autodesk\WebServices ... (look for all *log files)
folder
folder
I only found 
  1. Installation Log Files (for install or update errors):
Windows:
C:\Users\***\Appdata\Local\Autodesk\autodesk.webdeploy.streamer.log

I sent .log files as attachments of this comment
+I add the screenshot of task manager. 'When I try to run Fusion 360 it only adds services at task manger and nothing happens.'
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: BjarkeIP

Thanks for your replay!

I've install the insider preview version, but same thing just happens.

Message 8 of 13
karina.harper

Hey @Anonymous  @BjarkeIP  @Anonymous 

If you're on Insider Preview, you'll need to update to the latest 19541 Fast Ring Build which will allow Fusion to launch. See this forum thread.

If you're not in IP, try uninstalling and reinstalling Fusion - we released an update last night that was focused on resolving some failure to launch issues.

Let me know how it goes,

Karina

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 9 of 13
BjarkeIP

Okay, this is going to be a long one 🙂

The problem is that the 19041 version we are running is the one everyone is going to be running within a few months, since it is the final version of 20H1.

Going to a preview of 20H2 is not going to help - instead, what Autodesk should do is start working on getting Fusion 360 fixed, so people can use it once it is released to the general public.

If not, you are going to end up in the situation where your software will prevent people from upgrading - and telling "normal" people: "Sorry, you have to install a preview build of the next version of Windows to be able to use our software..." is not going to be good idea.

I do know something has changed in the 20H2 builds currently available that make is possible to use Fusion 360, but that is not the point I'm trying to make - I'm trying to make you aware that within a relative short timespan, normal, non-insider people, are going to be using the 19041 build, which your software currently isn't working with - and if you don't, you will end up with alot of angry users and most likely some negative press, since you have been aware of it.

What you should do is jump on to the final build for 20H1 as soon as it is released (mid december 2019) and start testing and fixing problems with your software, so when 20H1 is released to the general public, you already have ironed out your issues, instead of just waiting and telling people who are early adopters of it, that they have to go to 20H2 builds to be able to use your software.

I'm not trying to be unreasonable and demand that it is fixed right away - instead, I'm trying to convince you to go for "Okay, we'll see if we can fix it, so people will be able to use it on day 1 of it's general release" instead of "To be able to use it, please install a preview build from the 20H2 insider preview... oh, you want the stable release from Microsoft? Sorry, we just got it the same day as you - please allow us a few weeks to come up with a fix".

Having early access to the final version of the operating system should be taken advantage of by you are a software development company, so you are ahead on new releases.

Most likely that is already the case (if not, you need to take a look at your development workflow) - so the easy thing to do would be to just let people know you are working on a fix, instead of pointing people to the 20H2 branch, which is not an option for most people this early in it's release cycle.

Please don't take this as an attack, I'm trying my best to help guide you (Autodesk) on what should be done to avoid a lot of trouble in a few months - I don't mind the wait, my main machine is still on the 19H2 build, since I'm only using 20H1 for testing the software I need, to make sure it works, and help testing and fixing issues where needed.

Best regards, a fellow software developer 🙂

Message 10 of 13
lance.carocci
in reply to: BjarkeIP

@BjarkeIP, we have confirmed with Microsoft that the issue will be fixed in the 20H1 release (build 2004), but we do not control or influence when their code is merged down to earlier releases from development.

The Fast Ring represents the latest in-development code for Windows, be it bug or fix. In lieu of rolling back to a stable release, the only other course of action we can recommend is for users to skip ahead to get the update before it's pushed to the Slow Ring.

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

It still doesn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the download link on the website. Is there any other download link I should use that has the bug fix? 

Message 12 of 13
BjarkeIP
in reply to: lance.carocci

Okay, thanks for the update.

May I suggest the info that it is a problem on Microsofts end, and a fix will be available in 20H1 be added to this thread:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/fusion360-won-t-start-on-latest-windows-10-insider... and this knowledge base article: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Com... (Maybe just write that the last option, if not in a hurry, is to wait for the next patch from Microsoft)

That way, you are in the clear, and people know where to go to push for a patch 🙂

Message 13 of 13
lance.carocci

@Anonymous you likely won't be able to launch Fusion until you get on build 19541 or newer, or revert back to a production release of Windows 10 (the latest of which is 1909, the oldest supported is 1709 as of writing).

You are likely in the Slow Ring which gets updates, well, slower. Accordingly, the quickest fix is to bump up to the Fast Ring to get a confirmed fix, after which I would recommend opting out of the next Preview ring to reduce the risk of this happening again.

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report