Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fushion 360 - Export Dwg. but nothing shown in the dwg file

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
553 Views, 3 Replies

Fushion 360 - Export Dwg. but nothing shown in the dwg file

Hi I am having a problem with exporting dwg from Fusion -  I have been looking at several threads that describes this problem it seems the reply from the Fusion support team is that only an Autocad product will show the exported dwg file correct.

This is not correct - I have this problem viewing the exported dwg in Autocad android mobile version. No info is present.

I have many dwg files created on Autocad i.e. not on Fusion, that all are shown correct on the Autocad mobile viewer - hence it must be a Fusion related problem. I have basically been stuck for 3 month due to this problem does anyone have an answer?

I also have the further problem that the laser cutter service request that the dwg file be converted to a PDF vector file they claim that they generally have problems using Autocad dwg for their laser cutter. 

I have to at this point to consider my future use of Fusion, I like it, if is even affordable  - but not being able to transfer dwg easily could be the problem that if not solved could force me to look elsewhere. The possibility of exporting in PDF vector format as a choice could be one solution.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Best regards

Bjoern

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pawel.potyrala
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

thanks for posting!

• Could you tell me what your workflow to export the Fusion 360 design to a DWG file is? 
  • Would you be able to share the original Fusion 360 design and its DWG output that cannot be viewed?
  • Could you test viewing a sample file TEST.dwg that I attached to this post?

The attached file is exported from a Fusion 360 design and I have just tested viewing it in AutoCAD Mobile for Android. It seems to be working correctly:

3D Fusion Design in Autocad Mobile for Android3D Fusion Design in Autocad Mobile for Android

I tested it in our Autodesk DWG TrueView as well (you can download it for free from this site😞

3D Fusion Design in DWG TrueView3D Fusion Design in DWG TrueView

Regarding your other question - I found the following idea in our Fusion 360 Idea Station that I would encourage you to vote for. It refers to Adobe Illustrator, so you might comment on it and to give your context.

Thanks in advance!

Paweł Potyrała
Technical Support Manager

Global Product Support
My Screencasts | Fusion 360 Webinars
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pawel.potyrala

Hi 

Thanks for your promt response!

I am not really sure what happened i.e. I cannot backtrack how I exported to dwg I am still very new to Fusion.

1 ) I tried today to see if I could make the export to dwg work. I loaded the item that I was working on - which just now shows exactly what I want to select for export to dwg

2) Then I selected in the left side under "my first project "  the drawing version V2 - it is now possible to select "open details on web" (this is defínitely NOT the procedure I used before when I found no dwg on Autocad mobile)

3) I select on the web page coming up the download sign in the upper right corner and select (download to) dwg

After getting the e-mail from the Fusion Team with the dwg file ready to download - I load the file into True View. To start with - there seems to be nothing until I zoom in. The item is there but also the original 2 D sketch  that I did not want to be converted to dwg. I tried to go back to the Fusion drawing and turn the light off on the 2 d sketch. And do it all over again - same result. How do I prevent the 2 D sketch from being converted along  with the 3 D info?

I tried one file that you enclosed - works fine also on Autocad mobile.

Re Adobe Illustrator - I do not know the program, hence i have no opinion on what to vote for.

Thanks and best regards 

Bjoern

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pawel.potyrala

Att. Pawel Potyrala

I had some questions regarding exporting dwg from Fusion that you may not have noticed.

1) How do I prevent the sketch info to be converted into the dwg. ?

Turning off the light on sketch and then exporting the dwg does not prevent the sketch info to be converted along with the 3 d info. Only deleting sketch prior to exporting and converting it into dwg seems to prevent this?

2) Using "TrueView" to check measurements of the exported dwg gives measures in numbers without unit i.e. mm or cm. Fusion was set up to mm units, the exported dwg should have been in mm but shows up in Tru View as numbers divided by 10 i.e. cm. Likewise in Autocad's mobile viewer, the exported dwg, when using the measurement tool is shown as cm. Unit is even stated as cm - I the case of TrueView I wonder why there is a down scale of 10 and regarding Android mobile viewer - why it does not show show measurement in mm. ?

Best regards 

Bjoern

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report