Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat Pattern Dxf Export Not Correct

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
yostelectric1
365 Views, 6 Replies

Flat Pattern Dxf Export Not Correct

When I Export this part it does not export properly. I have the part mirror and the mirror exports fine.

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

In my Screencast I import the DXF that I previously exported using the Export Flat Pattern as DXF command.  As you can see it is a perfect match.  So could you define your problem in more detail.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7

Check out the circled areas. That little arc is at the wrong place.

Message 4 of 7

Yes, that small arc is displaced.  So use method number 2.  Create a 2D drawing of the flat pattern at 1:1 scale and export it as a DXF.  That will give you the correct pattern.

@jeff_strater The first method used to create the DXF was an export from the model flat pattern.  Please note the displaced small arc.  The second method used to create the DXF was an export a 1:1 2D drawing, no issues. Thanks

DXF.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 7

Thanks you for the reply. Yes I think that does fix my problems. How is the fastest way to do a 1:1 drawing of a flat pattern? just open a new sketch then project? Or is there a better method?

Message 6 of 7

The method I described will give you a 1:1 flat pattern if you select that scale when you create it in the drawing.  Once it is show 1:1 on the drawing, turn off your border and title block and then use the Output Sheet as DXF command and you have what you need.

Output DXF.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 7

Thanks. I didnt know about that option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report