Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillet Fails on Simple Sketch/Body

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
2herds
672 Views, 2 Replies

Fillet Fails on Simple Sketch/Body

Just learning about making fillet(s), however, some simple sketches, then extruded into an body, I made worked and some didn't.

I sketched something like a enclosed "C", then extended it into a body. Used the Fillet command and it worked fine.

Next made something like a dog, legs, head, etc, tried to fillet the edge and got an Error about size, deselecting an edge (but there is only one continuous edge), tangent, etc. Then tried the Rule Fillet command and also got failures - but when lowering the radius to about nothing it did work, but not even very visual.

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 3.57.41 PM.png

I did try to find answers but most were  too complex for me to grasp. Is there some link for simple training instructions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ryan.bales
in reply to: 2herds

Its probably the ear as really its a point and any fillet will likely fail to produce a favorable result. 

When using the normal fillet command, try unchecking tangent chain and picking the edges you want to fillet. You'll probably find that it fails at the ear.

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 3 of 3
2herds
in reply to: ryan.bales

Thanks, the ear was the problem. Also figured out the radius of various bends/curves directly affects the size of the fillet's ability to form. I say this because I know if I had a block of wood and file I could make a fillet more than the program allows - man vs. machine.

Again, thanks for the solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report