Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing some freezing issues

39 REPLIES 39
Message 1 of 40
shahriarsifat1802164
2058 Views, 39 Replies

Facing some freezing issues

Recently I am facing freezing issues when using fusion 360. Do anyone also face this problem?

Md. Shahriar Mohtasim
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, 
RUET

LinkedIn | Facebook | Youtube (CADs) | Twitter

Autodesk Product Users, BD

If you found this post helpful please hit the LIKE button and for a solution hit the ACCEPT SOLUTION.

Thank you.

39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40

Pretty vague as to your circumstances when you are experiencing Fusion 360 "freezing".  What are you doing, what type of files are your working on, post a couple of example models so others can take a look.  Models with extensive sketch entities offer take time to generate, is this your issue?  I am sure the forum users would love to help but he have to give them something to work with.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 40
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

I have the same issue after last update.

"Hi. From last update Fusion is very slow, its refreshing every 5 seconds. Starts normal. Even on creating single sketch, for example a circle, its lagging very bad. Before i could work with fairly complicated designes, like model of plastic mold. I think its not related to my computer specs. When Fusion is running it use about 8 of 16 gigs of ram, and about 50% of processor (I5 3.8 GHz 4 cores). I use Windows 7 64 Bit. Maybe here is the issue. Anyone notice similar problems after last update ?"

My post 

Message 4 of 40
kajick
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hello,

glad to see me and my colleagues at work are not the only ones.

for some reason when i try to rotate my part - free orbit - clicking and holding my scroll mouse button and rotating, it freezes for a second and continues then freezes again and continues... after that I can spin it all day long and no lagging, but the moment I let go and try it again, same issue. This started after the last update, on 2 our of 3 our workstations - my computer is 8th gen i7 with 16gb ram and a Quadro K420 GPU with newest drivers... so don't think on blaming it on those 🙂

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the new in process stock - even when I turn it off sometime it stays on... but this doesn't seem to change the lagging issue.

hope we have a solution soon. Its driving me nuts!

Message 5 of 40
kajick
in reply to: kajick

PS.. forgot to mention - same model in MasterCam 2021 spins like a charm.

Message 6 of 40
g-andresen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I cannot say now whether there is a connection.
Have you heard that just as Microsoft, AD has also discontinued support for W7?
As a workaraound, some posts have recommended compatibility mode, but this often slows down the system.

That´s why I would avoid the compatibility mode if possible.

günther

Message 7 of 40
Anonymous

@kajick , do you also have Win 7?

Message 8 of 40
kajick
in reply to: Anonymous

Nope, fully up to date windows 10... Even did a full clean uninstall of fusion and re installed.. No changes. 

Like I mentioned before. Mastercam is running smooth. It's just in fusion and after the last update. 

Message 9 of 40
ste_lloyd

I also have this exact issue, same as kajick. Freezing when panning or orbiting a blank "canvas" then after unfreezing it will spin all day until I let go then click again. I do have windows 7 which i know has issues but I know (or at least I am almost certain) this is not what is causing this particular issue this time when people with windows 10 installs are facing the same problem. Also this was not an issue no less than three days ago so I don't think its my hardware in particular. I too did a clean install but immediately got hit with the same issue. I do hope it gets fixed soon. I am very new to all this (CAD and whatnot) and am enjoying this program immensely.

Message 10 of 40
HughesTooling

@kajick wrote:

Hello,

- my computer is 8th gen i7 with 16gb ram and a Quadro K420 GPU with newest drivers... so don't think on blaming it on those 🙂

hope we have a solution soon. Its driving me nuts!

Someone in another thread with something similar mentioned setting the graphics driver to DX9 helped. Also they seemed to think this it was a problem with newer Nvidia drivers.

HughesTooling_0-1600521512138.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 40
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

@HyoCha  in his post find solution Link . It works for me. Right click on Fusion icon, go to "Compatibility" tab and uncheck  "Run this program in compatibility mod"

Message 12 of 40
kajick

Will try this on Monday morning at work.

Dont really like the fact that I have to resort to "downgrading" my software to work properly but I will try to see if this solves my issues untill a new update maybe fixes the problem.

Message 13 of 40
kajick

Morning all,

tried this Dx9 drivers... Doesn't make a difference. Still skipping/lagging.

Honestly running it in compatibility mode seems like the wrong thing to do.

Sorry Autodesk but I'm running a new updated workstation, everything is up to date from drivers to Windows and Fusion is the only CAD/CAM software that seems to be laggy. I refuse to run in compatibility mode on something older than I currently have.

There has to be a proper fix for this.

Message 14 of 40
Ben3DGladiator

I'm experiencing the exact same viewport lagging issue on my end too since the latest update was installed a few days ago and it drives me crazy... The thing is, it still runs smooth when I use my SpacePilot for navigation. The issues only occurs when using a mouse or graphic tablet to pan, orbit or zoom. It lags for a fraction of a second at the beginning of every operation. It was definitely not like this before the update.

Take a look at the screen recording below to see the difference. It's quite hard to tell in the clip, but it's super annoying.

Message 15 of 40

same issue, mabey we can change some in the program folder?

Message 16 of 40
pegurilucas

i have  a radeon rx580 8gb decently powerfull but same problem so, no there are any problems with drivers i just fusion 360 (supperot pls fix this is really anoying (sorry for my poor english))

Message 17 of 40

I don’t think this is a graphic card issue neither as it behaves normal when you use something like a SpaceMouse or a SpacePilot. The problem also exists regardless of any graphic related settings and it works smooth again once you have started an operation. It’s even present in an empty scene and it looks like it would wait for something as soon as you start navigating. It also does not occur when you use the zoom, pan and orbit icons at the bottom of the page. But as soon as you press the middle mouse button and the corresponding shortcut keys to switch between different navigation modes, it lags, no matter what workspace or environment you are in.

Message 18 of 40

UPDATE:
I tried to continue working in Fusion today when it became obvious that the lagging issue is not only limited to navigation. I’m experiencing a lag on pretty much everything I do (creating sketches, switching between different designs, scrolling through the time line of a model…) It seems to work correctly when I restart windows 10 in safe mode, which indicates that Fusion is in conflict with another application or process that’s running in the background in normal use. I was trying to close apps and background processes one by one to see if this has any effect, unfortunately without any luck.

Has anyone experienced something similar in the past? It all began with the latest update of Fusion…

Message 19 of 40
kajick
in reply to: Ben3DGladiator

Hello,

Since this is a pain and it doesnt seem to me like we are going to solve it on the forum Ive submitted a case to AD since I am a paying customer, as soon as I get an answer I hope I will be able to post it here if it will be universal.

Ive left them a link to this forum so maybe they will answer to all of us here.

Message 20 of 40
Ben3DGladiator

Hello @kajick

thank you very much for the update and your efforts. As I’m a paying customer too and rely on Fusion to get my daily work done, I’m also going to submit a case today.

Have you also experienced a high memory usage even if you only launch Fusion without opening any designs? (values above 1.5 GB)

As soon as I have any news, I will share them with you guys in this thread.

Best,

Ben

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report