Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face of body 3D prints in non-uniform fashion

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
autocadFH8KR
96 Views, 0 Replies

Face of body 3D prints in non-uniform fashion

First, let me apologize for the size of this project.  It was born of modifications to existing STL files; the original project was not available to me.

In the attached project, there is a component called Housing Bottom LUVNASP1.  Within that, is a body called Housing Bottom.  To overcome some printing challenges, it was necessary for me to move around sections of this body, so I broke it into four pieces (call them top, Top inner, Bottom inner and Bottom.  Then I swapped top inner with bottom inner and recombined the body into one.

All well and good, it did what I wanted... until I sent this to the 3d printer (via File / 3D print, save to file... and then sliced in my external slicer).  It all prints OK, but what I did find odd, is that those sections of the resultant model are  laid down independently of one another by the slicer (implying that somehow the slicer seems to detect that these sections are separate, though connected).  I haven't come out with a clear picture showing the final result, but it can be seen in the slicer first layer in the attached screenshot.  (I've also attached the resultant .stl file.)

For future reference, have you any idea what steps I should have taken to prevent this unexpected result?  (I have now selected the problem face of that body and press-pulled it, first expanding by .1mm, then reducing by .1mm to hopefully make it uniform.  Will not be able to try printing this in the next few days.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report