Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrusion trouble

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sandraDXKBC
168 Views, 3 Replies

Extrusion trouble

I am running into trouble extruding a simple project....not sure if it is something on my end or a glitch happening.  I can extrude all parts of the project except one area.  When I select it....and then try to extrude it....all the other areas around it become extruded and not the area I had selected.  It is a completely closed line....meaning, there are no holes anywhere making the extrude "leak" out to other areas.  I cannot figure it out.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: sandraDXKBC

please share the design here.  We cannot help you without the design itself.  Export as F3D and attach it here.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 4
sutherland-
in reply to: sandraDXKBC

Hi @sandraDXKBC 

It sounds like there may be an issue with the geometry of the area you are trying to extrude. One common problem that can cause this behavior is overlapping or self-intersecting geometry. This can happen if the lines that make up the area you're trying to extrude are not properly connected or if there are duplicate lines in the same location.

Another possibility is that the area you're trying to extrude is part of a larger body or group of bodies and Fusion 360 is interpreting your extrude command as applying to the entire group, rather than just the specific area you have selected.

You can try to check and fix this by checking the entity info of the line and making sure it is a closed loop. Also, you can check for any overlapping or self-intersecting geometry using the 'Check' tool.

If none of the above suggestions work, you could try to extrude a copy of the line or shape. If you are still having trouble, it may be helpful to provide a screenshot of the problem or upload the project file as Jeff mentioned, then we can offer more specific advice.

Please click on Accept Solution so other community members can see how to solve the issue.
Also, consider giving a Like to the comments that you feel helped you.

Best regards,
Level  sutherland-

Message 4 of 4

@sandraDXKBC 

Are there any white dots or blue lines in the sketch?

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply and end all doubt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report