Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrude issues -- can select profile

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
natbrT4KMC
399 Views, 3 Replies

Extrude issues -- can select profile

Imported a sketch in from another design I had done.  Did a bunch of work on it and then wanted to create some bodies (thickness) to some components.  Ack... won't let me for some reason: 

In this design, roll back the history marker to the first sketch  (Sketch 1) this is basically what I imported in.  Curiously, it brought in all the constraints, dimensions, etc. Which I don't seem to be able to turn off (its in Design Mode, not Sketch so I don't really know why they are showing up.??). 

I want to extrude the perimeter of the drawing down a quarter of an inch.  In design mode, I can click on the arcing outline, and end pieces but as soon as I click on extrude, press/pull or thicken, F360 doesn't recognize any of my design lines... not really sure why. 

Prior to clicking on one of those controls, I can activate just fine:

Here's the drawing: stern_active.JPG

https://a360.co/33R81Ob 

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: natbrT4KMC

the reason is that "Show Profiles" has been disabled for this sketch:

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 5.50.41 PM.png

With profiles turned on, I can select and extrude the outer shape:

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 5.52.45 PM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 4
natbrT4KMC
in reply to: jeff_strater

Ack, that mostly fixed it but well enough to keep moving on so thanks!!

I have to find a group of local Fusion users here in Seattle to ping these trivial questions off of .... I hate wasting the resources of Fusion 360 Support forum for questions that could be easily answered with a dope slap!   

Thanks again! 

Nat 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

Wow, this is tricky and helped me. Thanks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report