Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Physical Materials with STEP file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
948 Views, 2 Replies

Export Physical Materials with STEP file

Hello,

I'm trying to export my design to a STEP file with physical materials included, in this case "Steel AISI 1060". But when I did so Fusion 360 only placed the material appearance and density in the file:

#115=REPRESENTATION('material name',(#117),#182);
#116=REPRESENTATION('density',(#112),#182);
#117=DESCRIPTIVE_REPRESENTATION_ITEM('Steel','Steel');
#118=PROPERTY_DEFINITION('material property','material name',#192);
#119=PROPERTY_DEFINITION('material property','density of part',#192);

#203=FILL_AREA_STYLE('Steel - Satin',(#204));
#204=FILL_AREA_STYLE_COLOUR('Steel - Satin',#205);

Is there a setting to change that allows export of physical material names and/or properties? Creo has one, but it is not enabled by default.

Any help getting to the bottom of this would be appreciated, thanks!

- Steve

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jodom4
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey karasek.s,

There's no functionality built in to enable what you're asking about, and the API doesn't expose any more functionality than what's available through the UI, so at this time it's not possible. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Jonathan Odom
Community Manager + Content Creator
Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jodom4

That's unfortunate, especially since several other programs offer that functionality.

Can you put me in touch with an engineer or developer to see if there are any plans to do so? The capability is built into STEP files to handle such properties, and has been for years now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report