Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export DXF to Polylines Plugin not available with new UI.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
amcfarlen
363 Views, 2 Replies

Export DXF to Polylines Plugin not available with new UI.

I thought I had my issue all sorted out after some help from members here with exporting DXF splines using the add-in. 

I opted to change my UI to the upcoming "New Look" that will be mandatory in coming releases so to get familiar with it. However when I went to export a DXF that I needed for my laser software the old "Save as DXF (spline to polyline)" that was located in the Sketch dropdown menu is now not available anywhere I could see.

I switched back to the old UI and its available there, so I'm good for now.

Do hope that the developer and or the Fusion360 team can sort that out as I'm certain I'm not the only one that this will affect.

Allen R. McFarlen
Barron River Guitars & Ukuleles
Cairns, Australia

27" iMac | 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i5 | 20 Gb ram | OSX Sierra 10.12.6
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HughesTooling
in reply to: amcfarlen

Have you tried downloading the latest version from the app shop? From the comments it sound like the developer thinks it should show in the sketch menu when a sketch is active. If it doesn't work probably a good idea to comment in the app shop as well.  

Having to activate a sketch to get the option doesn't sound like a good workflow though and there is a comment on how to modify so it shows in the solid modify menu. 

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
amcfarlen
in reply to: HughesTooling

All software is up to date, but I did redownload and install the latest app. Results are the same in the new UI. Attached is the screen shot of the Design drop down. It is the same if you highlight the sketch or not.

It works as expected in the old UI.

EDIT:

I found a comment by the publisher about double clicking the sketch to take you into the sketch and the option to save DXF as polyline does indeed show up as an option. Not very intuitive but it does work.

Allen R. McFarlen
Barron River Guitars & Ukuleles
Cairns, Australia

27" iMac | 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i5 | 20 Gb ram | OSX Sierra 10.12.6

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report